An Owl's 2 hoots

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Office Space

This is a relatively old movie (1999), but was hilarious. I wanted to watch this one for a long time now, but finally got my hands on it via Netflix.

This is a movie about sterotypical office moments - paper jams, lay-offs, really irritating boss, etc. Right from the first scene, I was ROTFL. Particularly when one office worker (white) listens to a gangsta rap song (No tears by Scarface - solid song!) in a traffic jam. He sings-along with it (the lyrics mentions various body parts and excretory details. Oh, the N word too), but sweats bullets when a brother walks near his car. Amazing scene - so ironical. (I heard Eminem cannot mention the N word in his songs, but I digress...). The VP of the company takes the icing in the cake with his trademark management-style BS statements. The tech people of the office work on the Y2K problem (ha!) and the management decides that some people can be done away with. I cannot give away the plot anymore. Simply superb acting from all, well, almost all of them. I don't know why Jennifer Anniston was needed - probably for the "commercial" factor. In addition to the humor, it also has a good soundtrack - although more towards the rap genre (Ice Cube, Scarface, Geto boys). I also discovered that there is a huge fan following for Office Space and you can also listen to some of the hilarious dialogs. A must-see for cubicle workers!. Mmmkay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home