Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Monday, March 01, 2010
- Watched yesterday - might be Simbu's best movie till date and would be hard to reach this level again
- Gautam Menon is one smart director. By simply making fun of himself in the movie, he has successfully prevented me from writing too critically
- I don't believe ARR's music should grow on me in order to like it. Either I like it or not.
- How can anyone so effortlessly fuse "Here comes the bride" and the post-Muhurtham song in Anbil avan? And what about the violin intro in "Kannukkul.."
- If Vinnaithaandi varuvaaya is the first line of a song, the next one should be "pudavai kattikondu nadappaaya". But damn GVM, he shuts me out there too by making fun of how Trisha walks in his own dialogs
- A treat for 16-22 year olds.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
sappa matters #16
SM2: Has blogging taken a back step after everyone and their grandmothers started using facebook? Not to say that I am doing earth-shattering updates on Facebook!
SM3: Wii!!! Love it!
SM4: Saw Paa couple of days ago. I liked the movie, although it was predictable towards the second half. Questions:
- There were a total of 20 people in the theater, but benches and thara tickets had to be used for Kandaswami. Why?
- I have to rely on subtitles for hindi movies, but it seemed un-necessary for at least half the movie. Is this a changing trend everywhere?
- Was Amithabh Bachchan that adamant on not shaving his head? Does Progeria really cause such a huge head?
SM5: I hate winter for only one reason.
Monday, November 02, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Eavesdropping and Manirathnam
American lady: I went to India last year
Indian family: Oh! Did you like it?
Lady: Yes. I visited Ramana Maharishi ashram. Have you heard about it?
Lady: Well, I am not able to pronounce the name of the place properly, but there is an Aru-na-chalesh-wara temple in that area. I went fro Chennai.
IF: Arunachal?? I get it! That's a state in the North-East. It is pretty far!
Lady: Really! Hmm... I think it was in the South.
At this point, I had to force myself into the conversation although I don't like doing that. Not sure whether the line was long and boring or whether I was annoyed that an Indian did not know about his own country.
I think it was after Dil Se (a box office flop) and Manirathnam was being interviewed by some magazine.
Reporter: Why bother about story lines and plots set somewhere in North-East?
Mani: It is not somewhere. It is also part of India!
Coming back after a long hiatus. Hopefully would be able to post more frequently!