An Owl's 2 hoots

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Long and short of it

  • Writing a post - after a long time. You guys must be tired of my excuses now, so I am not even attempting to give one.
  • Sprained my neck - after a long time. Perhaps an indication of what's in store for the future - blinders! But seriously, I almost forgot how painful it could be.
  • Saw stars last night - after a long time. While I was waiting for prasadam on a cold deepavali night at the temple, I happened to look up (due to the neck strain, that was the only direction I could) at the relatively less-light-polluted sky, and saw hundreds of stars. Pretty interesting that we miss out the nicer and smaller things in life nowadays!
  • Watched a really good movie - after a long time. The Prestige. Very well directed and played out. I was truly captivated by Nikola Tesla, who played an integral part of the script. This guy was brilliant! Why don't we see block-buster scientists like him now?
  • Had a decent lunch at a desi restaurant - after a long time. Of course, "decent" is a relative term, but still, this exceeded my expectations.
  • Might have single-handedly crashed yahoo's voice server - well almost, considering the tricks and tactics I applied and made full use of their "Call India for free during Deepavali".
  • Deepavali or Diwali. Narakasura vadham or Ram(a)'s home-coming after killing Ravan(a). Nalla pattimandra thalaipugaL.
Peace out!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Hmmm.....looks like you had a peaceful last single Deepavali, adutha varusham "Thalai Deepavali" which would be loads of fun...Heard from my cousin in Seattle that the temple was really crowded in the evening.

    By Blogger mitr_bayarea, at October 23, 2006 11:09 AM  

  • Did that neck sprain have anything to do with the 'cellfone-multitasking' syndrome? Looks like you had a good Deepavali too..

    I am still LOL-ing on ur 'duty-kku kilamburen'.. :)

    By Blogger Raju, at October 23, 2006 11:23 AM  

  • well ttg...I am lookin for an excuse..he he...Please note that i am not in way responsible for it...
    and sprain in the neck..sign of the future...i take offence in it...
    LOL!!!

    By Blogger i think therefore i am, at October 23, 2006 11:56 AM  

  • Mitr: I have only one word - GULP!

    Yea, Temple was super full. By the time prasadam was distributed, it was well past 9 PM.

    --..--..--

    Raju: errr.. mmm.. aamaam aamaam. cell phone la pesinadhaaladhaan neck sprain aaiduthu!! ;-)

    --..--..--

    Cogito: Thats why I said "blinders"! he he!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at October 23, 2006 5:00 PM  

  • commenting on this blog after a long time - well to be fair i skipped the last post:-))

    (considering my current state of affair i guess i can x-cuse myself)

    By Blogger ///slash\\\, at October 25, 2006 4:33 AM  

  • Slash: LOL! ok! excused!

    I like the way you used singular instead of plural form of a certain word!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at October 25, 2006 1:20 PM  

  • "Pretty interesting that we miss out the nicer and smaller things in life nowadays!" - Actually pretty sad! Watching the night sky has absolutely vanished from my life. In Summer, it takes forever to get dark and rest of the time it is not warm enough to sit and enjoy the starry sky!!

    By Blogger Me too, at October 26, 2006 9:03 AM  

  • Aparna: yea! florida la (aarambishtaanya!) it was a little better, since the weather was more generous. Inga first of all, sky clear aaganum.. aparam, naama kulurla poi paakanum! kashtam!!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at October 26, 2006 9:55 AM  

  • my belated wishes... for.. u know the reasons.

    Some part of India do celebrate Diwali as Hindu new year.. So, one more for your debate.

    By Blogger Ram C, at October 28, 2006 1:40 PM  

  • Vibhor: Welcome to my blog. I had a nice time.

    --..--..--

    Ram: Long time no see!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at November 02, 2006 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home