An Owl's 2 hoots

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

sappa matters -#12

SM1: I don't understand the pseudo-glamorous concept behind the "sh" sounds. "Siva" is local, "Shiva" is class?

--..--..--

SM2: A perfect case of heart vs brain: Saw Kuselan and desperately wanted to find loopholes to like it. But the critic in me prevented that. What's more? I had no defense against scathing criticisms by Charuniveditha and Gnani (on kumudham, needs login)

--..--..--

SM3: If you say "Madras" in place of "Chennai", please don't correct yourself mid-sentence.


--..--..--

SM4: Reading "Life of Pi". I can connect to the story at several levels. Have not read a more honest book until now. In fact, reading this book made me kick myself on the back and write something. ANYTHING! Hence this post.

--..--..--

SM5: "It will be there until it is there"

- a simple but profound axiom I was lately impressed by.

--..--..--

SM6: Went for a trail after a long time. Took this picture.



--..--..--

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Each SM had me nodding vigorously in agreement! Esp #1..A little close to home that was :)

    By Blogger nandita, at August 20, 2008 9:49 AM  

  • @ sm1 the telugu script writes "sh" instead of the "sa" alphabet. that could be the reason telugu folks use the SH when they write their names in English. I will therefore defend it and not think its a reason people use it not coz they want to sound cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    @sm5 well great words. wondering where you came across this

    By Blogger i think therefore i am, at August 20, 2008 12:25 PM  

  • Nandita: danke!

    --..--..--

    Cogito: Well, billions of non-telugu people in Tamil nadu use the "sh" sound. Not to mention trillions of non-tamil and non-telugu ones.

    yea! i wonder where! ;-)

    By Blogger tt_giant, at August 20, 2008 12:27 PM  

  • Life of Pi is good and kept me engrossed till I read half the book. Later the impatient me called it quits and have not touched the book since. It is more to do with me not reading a fast paced thriller as opposed to the quality of the book.

    By Blogger Maverick, at August 21, 2008 12:23 AM  

  • Nice to see you update after a while..some blog reviews totally convinced me to not watch Kuselan, not regretting it yet.

    Nice axiom for all of us to keep in mind.

    By Blogger mitr_bayarea, at August 22, 2008 3:37 PM  

  • Maverick: I read it fully and enjoyed it fully. Have a good mind of reading it again!

    --..--..--

    Mitr: danks! kuselan paakadheenga!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at August 26, 2008 7:36 AM  

  • sm1 - yeah:)..same way shakthi also..
    sm3 - :) I hardly use chennai.. Madras nalla Madras...
    sm5&6 - good axiom n pic..
    geet

    By Blogger Ramya, at September 15, 2008 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home