An Owl's 2 hoots

Friday, November 30, 2007

Shots in the dark

Another dream, ladies and gentlemen.

A young boy is walking on a street. Now this street is not any ordinary street. It is on the war path (literally) between two nations/cities/whatever. Gun fire could be heard all around. I don't know what day or age this took (!) place, but the boy looks at the sky and he could see a steady stream of bullets flying (just like a flock of birds, just that it is even more longer but narrower). I know. Bullets travel much faster for us humans to capture its motion. But it could be that the boy has some super visual powers. I digress. Because I had to.

So, he watches the flying bullets in amazement. Apparently, some of the empty shells of the bullets fall to the gound and he looks for them, blows the smoke from it, juggles it around for a while until he can handle the heat. He has a small toy gun in his pocket which shoots with a pop sound. He puts the shell in the gun and tries to mimic a real shooting. It fires! But only produces sound and no flying objects.

But just because it produced a firing sound, and just because it was localized on the street, a policeman picks him up and places him under arrest. The boy protests - "but what about all those flying bullets in the sky? Why is no one arresting them?". The policeman says: "Well, I cannot. I caught you since I can"

My alarm rang then.

It is interesting to analyze what previous events (real ones) took place which culminate into a dream.

PS: I wish I could have edited the post better, but then it won't be fair on the dream!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • I can call it an interesting dream unless the boy was you :D

    By Blogger Maverick, at December 03, 2007 4:41 AM  

  • Not related to this post..but the thief dacoit and burglar is now the leading test wicket taker...i am sure another disabled person will come along who will have 360 degrees of freedom around his elbow and would take 1000 wickets!!!!! the thieft dacoit and burglar may be the record holder...but it will always be Shane Warne for the greatest cricket bowler!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 03, 2007 11:03 AM  

  • stop reading cnn at work.. read people.com!!!
    PS was this dream around diwali and u thot of roll cape!!

    By Blogger i think therefore i am, at December 03, 2007 5:38 PM  

  • hmmm- had nothing to do with mohaa i hope:-))

    By Blogger ///slash\\\, at December 04, 2007 3:27 AM  

  • Maverick: it did not seem like me, but sometimes, I don the role of the main character even if it did not start as one!

    weird!

    --..--..--

    RK: I am proud that a fellow asian and a tamil has got the record which he deserved.

    --..--..--

    Cogito: This was after the GOP debate (youtube)!

    --..--..--

    Slash: Not much Mohaa'mping nowadays. Only Quaking!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at December 04, 2007 7:17 AM  

  • I've been reading quite a bit of Tess Gerritsen and Robin Cook nowadays.. Knowing which city they base their novels on, your dream makes sense. Stream of bullets flying by, watching them, feeling the heat of the shell all suggest me a Boston crime scene effect.. ;)

    By Blogger Raju, at December 04, 2007 7:29 AM  

  • Raju: he he! luckily, I have not seen any in real life till now!

    By Blogger tt_giant, at December 12, 2007 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home