An Owl's 2 hoots

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

(hee hee)e-mail

The following incident was re-told to me by my friend KR when he was still in university. Conversation between a student and his friend who works for the d.evil (Microsoft):

Student: dei.. enga university computer system a hack pantaanga da. email down.. :-(

Microsoft peetar: adhuku dhaan Microsoft Exchange server use panni irukanum.

Student: yea, nee solradhu sari dhaan. Avanunga hack pandra samayathula epidium Exchange server crash aagi irukum illa?. Correct da!

Microsoft peetar: ?!??!?!?.

A lighter post after 2 pretty heavy ones.

Hackers breaking into university computer systems is not new; in fact, even today there was a story about a break-in at the University of Southern California (USC). I remembered the above incident when I read this.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • adu matter illai, unreliablity of microsoft than matter, i hate mocrosoft, esp after my experiences wit IE!!Grrr, i hate that company

    By Blogger ada-paavi!!!!, at July 20, 2005 8:54 PM  

  • amen to that...

    By Blogger tt_giant, at July 20, 2005 8:59 PM  

  • Peetar - LOL ;)

    I always wonder why people break into systems..and why are systems so vulnerable.

    I've heard its difficult to crack LINUX. But why isn't LINUX so popular?

    By Blogger Narayanan Venkitu, at July 20, 2005 10:55 PM  

  • Narayanan: Maybe people have this inherent dislike/fear of open source software. Also, Linux is not as user-friendly as windows.

    My friend told me why linux was not popular in India. If you go to richie streey in parrys corner, you get xp for 100rs, whereas linux 'costs' 600rs - 3 cds right?.

    By Blogger tt_giant, at July 21, 2005 5:58 AM  

  • I heard that IBM always stood for
    I Blame Microsoft ;-)

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 21, 2005 7:45 AM  

  • Actually, I won't say LINUX is less user friendly. Red Hat 9.0/Fedora 2 rocks. I've been unsing it or more than 3 years and it is as good as any windows platform. I guess the only place where LINUX needs to concentrate is the media section. Appropriate plug-ins are little difficult to get.

    By Blogger Kasthuri, at July 21, 2005 10:18 AM  

  • Jayan: LOL.. i havent heard that one about IBM

    Srini: thats why i said relative to windows. an office secy. cannot be comfortable with linux (as it is).

    By Blogger tt_giant, at July 21, 2005 10:57 AM  

  • JAYAN,
    IBM.! LOL :)

    Is LINUX more expensive? I didn't know that.!

    By Blogger Narayanan Venkitu, at July 21, 2005 5:32 PM  

  • Narayanan: no, for instance, fedora (one of the flavors) of linux is free.. just that it needs 3 cds makes its "cost" more in the piracy sector.

    By Blogger tt_giant, at July 21, 2005 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home